If you can download the file to your device, but then are unable to open it, it may be a problem with your device or the file itself.
Follow these instructions to test the problem:
- Check to be sure your device is saving the file with the correct file type or extension (.jpg, .docx, .pdf, etc.).
- Sometimes devices will save files with an incorrect or incomplete file extension making it impossible to view.
- If the file extension is correct, open the file with a different program or app on your device.
- If you do not have the right program or app available, then try to view the file with a different device or computer if possible.
- If you are currently using our app to download the file, try using a web browser by logging into your account at TalkingParents.com
- You can also ask your co-parent to try saving the file in a different format and then have them re-attach it to the conversation.